Follow me on Twitter
Join Facebook Friends
Connect on LinkedIn
Relax Your Troubles Away
Believe it or not, you are more likely to find creative solutions to problems when you are not thinking about them, and you are relaxed. If you have ever had a brilliant inspiration jump into your mind when you are chilling out in a hot bath or out on a peaceful country walk, then you have already experienced this phenomenon.
The less you try, the more relaxed you are, the easier it is to find creative solutions that are just perfect for you.
How to Quickly & Easily Solve ANY Problem
- Write it down. Define the problem as clearly as you can. You may find it is not as big as you thought.
- Write down the PERFECT outcome for you. What would it look, feel, sound, taste, smell like? Forget the “How” for the moment.
- Take a blank piece of paper. Write at the top “How can I achieve…” and write the outcome. Avoid writing “How can I solve this problem?” because that is focusing your mind on the problem. You will find solutions by focusing on the PERFECT OUTCOME.
- Get your coloured pens out and draw little pictures- that really helps stimulate the creative mind
- Write the numbers 1-20 down the page and start writing ideas. Make yourself come up with at least 20 ideas.
- Do not JUDGE or EDIT anything. Write down everything you can think of, no matter how bizarre it or unrealistic it seems. If you have a little voice in your head saying “Don’t be silly, that won’t work!” silence it for now. Write down the opposite of what you have written.E.g. if you want to get more done at work, you could put “get up earlier, start earlier and work later” or you could turn it around and say “ Get up same time, start later but spend that first hour planning my day so I can be far more productive in shorter time and finish earlier.
- When you really can’t think of anything else, put the list to one side, put your feet up and relax to the Creative Problem Solving CD.
- Write down any insights and inspiration from the CD on your list of ideas.
- Pick the best one and take IMMEDIATE ACTION
Be prepared for Creative Insights and Ideas to flash into your mind over the next few days.
©Amanda Goldston 2004. All rights reserved. www.GetYourDreamLife.com